Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

first poem in a long time.

Connected By The Heart.



staring at her photos i can still see my heart in her eyes
and i hope i regain it with every tear that she cries
not to sound mean but i need it to continue
without it i cant get over every issue we've been thru
on this loves menu the main course is hurt with a side of regret
you stepped on the jet and the feeling i felt was worse
than the touch of a dragon the stab of a blade
every word i want to say wrapped into one summary
its love that i hate but i hate to not love
so with that being said whatll become of us?
i know i messed up i know you enough to know that
i traded a pebble in the sand for a diamond in the ruff
and i know money shouldnt interfere with my fear of failure
but i came swift from the west and you were my taylor
i took the spotlight off you to praise another woman
im an asshole for that i know
the guilt in my soul will never grow old
it festers in the depths of my ribs to my spine my mind
loses track of space feeling and time
not even a rhyme can help me escape this travesty
cupids first casualty was me, the arrow pierced through
my vein so hard that i lost all consideration for your well being
just when i said i wasnt like every other guy who cheats and tells lies
i was even worse
no i didnt cheat
no i didnt lie
but above all that i caused you to cry
for my own greed to regain my heart back
but it was never my heart to begin with,
you had it for such a long period of time that it became ours to share
so if you feel that i dont show that i care i feel the exact same way towards you. in this romance novel we're on the same page
so when your soul is in rage i can relate
but when the feelings are high then we can sedate
lets remove the hate and leave room for love.
i know i messed up but the feelings is mutual so i can say the same about you
its up in the air let the love outweigh the hate and accept my date to happiness.

0 comments: