Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mrs. Never Poem

here's a poem I wrote my senior year of highschool
it pretty much summarizes my failed attempt to ask a girl out
cause i could never work the courage to say the words
so i turn my failure to writings.

Mrs. Never

Mrs. Never was never is never how
I can never get her tomorrow and never now
so from now on its all about being Mr. Wrong
blackberry 2way listen to R&B songs
now don't get me wrong I'm almost certain there's a one
but that one has got a two so whats a boy to do?
Mixed up in this large cup of saturated thoughts
in this game of love I'm always stranded never lost
I paid up the cost, bought her gear that cost 3 digits
from overpriced meals to LA game tickets
put in all my soul and almost got nothing back
while shes sporting V secret and her makeup stays Mac
so I went out and searched for a new lady
a type that likes motorbikes and music from the 80's
the first time my eyes brushed upon her presence
my heart pace raced the beats timed by 7
but then I thought to myself "I'll never have a chance."
then its four months later and she tells me about her man
it turns out that Mrs. Never she now was
batter up it was my first swing at love
looks like he messed up not once but twice
and shes sitting asking ME what should she do that's right?
its finally my chance, its finally MY chance
but instead of catching on I just fumble my words
still under the inescapable loveless bound curse
I only make it worse
as the days pass, she's gone bye bye
and the months pass, and she's out of my life
i could've did something I COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING!
but too scared and afraid I turned around and did NOTHING.
so now Mrs. Right, is still Mrs. Never
never to weather a perfect storm only we can match together
so from this day on I remain Mr. Wrong
the formula to get Mrs. Never,
the Mrs. Never lovesong.

0 comments: